Traditionally, products were developed using a standard process. This worked for quite something, until stakeholders were keen to find out ways using which their products would function without spending money on them in the first instance.
With the introduction of rapid prototyping service things have become much easier, not only for the designers but also for the company as a whole. Previously, making functional prototypes did take a lot of time but not anymore. These days the prototypes of design can be made within minutes and thus one can get the end products without wasting much time or resources.
Rapid Prototyping can be a great investment and can bring good profits to your company. In this article, we will be discussing 7 reasons why you would fall in love with rapid prototyping.
- You would be able to give your designs a touch of life. There can nothing be better when the stakeholders would get a taste of the original product physically with minimum errors. And when you being a trusted source, make prototypes, then potential customers too find it much easier to rely on the quality of the product. Rapid prototyping is like breathing life to your design. Multiple physical factors come into existence by the extensive use of this service.
- Rapid Prototyping can bring the products to life with the help of 3D printing and this can bring the design to life within a few minutes. You would not need any set-up time to get the physical model which was one of the biggest problems with traditional prototyping. With the increase in speed of the services, companies would find it easier and a lot more smoother to launch a product and release it in the market.
- The whole process of rapid prototyping costs much less compared to the props used in traditional prototyping. As in the latter, there are many additional costs associated with procurement of material, tool path programming, setup configuration and so on. But with the 3D printing facilities, a print request of the design is sent to the printer virtually where it interprets the CAD model data. This is followed by printing the end material.
- Taking the help from rapid prototyping, engineers can easily test complex designs. This would save a lot of cost as well as the time. In fact, 3D printing is really effective when it comes to producing complex items that CNC machining traditionally could not do. Engineers create different prototypes for the same design, understand the trade-offs between them and comes up with an effective solution that would work the best.
- Engineers are allowed to test a single part using rapid prototyping, which can be effective in case a part is manufactured and then it is assembled with other parts. The whole process is not only effective but it also ensures that engineers are able to concentrate on the functioning of each part and built an effective design that would work great on the overall production process.
- One can use a list of materials using printing the end products in 3D printer. You can also use a combination of multiple materials, color and finishes in order to customize different parts of the product.
- With the physical design ready in your hands, you would live with leser risk in terms of the fact that you would produce end products with the right solutions. Also 3D printing is quite cost effective and thus your company would have to bear less financial risks. With the reduction in overall cost and time while using rapid prototyping, the company can concentrate on trial and error testing methods.